What Is Black Belt?
BBS contains World Class Partner Dance Curriculums that are so well thought-out, and so well planned, that they will keep your students and instructors growing and entertained for years to come!
Black Belt Salsa™ was created by Edie Williams,
also known as “Edie, The Salsa FREAK!!”
There is no other system in the world that is this detailed and well thought-out.
Our instructors know exactly what to teach, how to teach it, and what the student expectations are.
Over a period of twenty years teaching in hundreds of cities throughout sixty-three (63) countries throughout the world, Edie revealed a “system” of conducting classes and systematizing dance moves (not just Salsa) that magically created some of the best social dancers where ever she traveled.
Upon her retirement in 2009, she decided it was time to roll up her sleeves and reveal her “system” of more effectively teaching dance moves to the entire world. She taught herself how to use the latest in online cloud technology to develop an online Cloud database and worldwide teaching support mechanism called the “Black Belt System™ Cloud” so that teachers in every nation could AS A COHESIVE TEAM more effectively develop themselves individually as World Class instructors, and in turn, create some of the finest social dancers in their regions.
In 2012, with the help of a core group of dedicated instructors, students, beta testers, and advisors, the Black Belt Dance™ Online System was born. Now students from every corner of the globe can share the in joy of learning from some of the best instructors the world has ever known… the Black Belt Instructor team.
Read Edie’s personal story of how she discovered Salsa here…
Become a BBS Student • Register For Classes!
Want to become a Certified Black Belt Instructor?
LEARN MORE BELOW!
Not Just Salsa! The Black Belt System is available in several different types of dance!
HOW ARE BELTS EARNED?
Belts are earned over time. Students who do not wish to be instructors earn their White through Black Belts over time. They DO NOT learn both lead and follow. They simply learn either one or the other and follow the regular course curriculum at their own pace. This can take anywhere from 1 to 5 years or longer depending on their level of commitment and talents. Students pay for their training from Apprentices and Professional Instructors.
Black Belt Dance™ Student Belts
Complete Black Belt System™ Student Core Syllabus Overview
Step-By-Step, Week-By-Week, Month-By-Month… Become A Salsa Dancer
White: Right Turns, Left Turns, CBL & Core Dip | BBS “DTB” Memory Technique
Orange: Progressige Right & Left Turns, Stops & T-Stances
Yellow: Open Breaks
Camo: Reverse Progressions Checks, Stops, & Rotations
Green: Adding Complexity to the Core BBS Syllabus moves
Purple: Pattern Creativity, and Steals
Blue: Curriculum on Various Timings
Brown: Men and Women’s Spins within Patterns
Red: Men and Women’s Styling within Patterns
Red/Black: Musicality & Showmanship
Black: Performing, Competing, Lifts & Tricks
- Worldwide Training centers are listed on the BBS Training Calendar.
- You do not have to be an instructor nor dancer. No Experience necessary. Should you have “zero” dance experience, we allow you take the course as many times until you pass.
- Instructor Belt Level training is between 24 and 36 hours.
- The more dance experience you have, the more likely you will pass the exams
- Too much experience however may hinder your progress because of years of bad habits.
We allow you take the course as many times until you pass.
- Training Fee are determined by individual Red Belt or above, Trainers.
Currently fees are set between $298 and $550 per Instructor Belt Level (Purple through Red/Black).
- A physical certification exam given only by a Certified Black Belt Instructor will be given at the end of the course at a mutually scheduled date to ensure all was thoroughly understood. Exam, posting, and certificate Fee: $25
- The course workbook will be available online upon your completion and passing of the exam. You may re-take the exam as many times as you wish until you pass.